Beginning on September 20, Advent will begin worshiping indoors in our sanctuary. Online worship will still be available on Youtube and Facebook. Some important info to help you prepare:
- Please plan to abide by the below health rules for your safety and that of other worshipers.
- As you prepare, you will want to bring:
- A mask that can cover your mouth and nose
- Bread and wine/grape juice for your family (elements will be provided for visitors or those who don’t remember/choose to bring them)
- Please plan to arrive a little early to get situated. An usher will help your family get what you need for worship, and find a space.
- These gatherings will be limited to fifty people. Please RSVP using the link provided in the Weekly Feed email, OR by phone at 231 275 8031. We will provide additional worship times if our attendance tops 50 people.
- Please follow the instructions of all ushers and greeters. They are lay volunteers, and will be offering guidance in accordance with Advent’s approved plan.
- All participants, including leaders, are required to wear a mask while inside the building. If you forget your mask, don’t worry! We will have some extras available as our gift to you.
- Cloth chairs are not in use at this time. Metal chairs are spaced out leaving at least 6 feet between each family group. You may also bring cushions or lawn chairs for comfort.
- Hymnals, bulletins and offering plates are not used. Screens guide our worship. Plates are placed at the exit of the worship space to receive offerings.
- We practice Holy Communion using wafers and wine or grape juice prepared and sealed by gloved and masked volunteers. Worshipers may choose to bring their own Communion elements. Pastor and Assistant commune worshipers in their seats, from a 6 foot distance, with the words, “the Body of Christ, given for you,” and “the blood of Christ, shed for you”.
- Congregational song is not a part of this worship. We will have some special music prepared for this and following Sundays.
- The building is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each gathering, including high-touch surfaces.
- Doors are propped open to allow touchless entry.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed at all entry points, as well as clear signs with safety expectations.
We’re excited to worship with you!
For more information on Advent’s Phased Worship Plan: